In 2019, Americans spent about $7.2 billion dollars in the pet industry. I’m sure that doesn’t surprise you. Most people see and treat their dogs as part of their family.
I know I love my little bulldog with all my heart – who knows how much I’ve spent on her!
For pet-centered businesses, this means there’s a lot of demand… And it also means there’s a lot of competition.
So if you want to make it in the pet industry (or any saturated market, really) you need to become very creative and super resilient. That’s why I am so excited to share today’s guest on the Scale Or Fail Show, Candace D’Agnolo.
Candace D’Agnolo has been in the pet industry for over 16 years and has successfully translated her passion for pets into multiple million-dollar businesses. She’s the founder of Pet Boss Nation, a coaching and consulting community for pet businesses that want to increase profits through inventory planning, cash flow road maps, marketing, goal setting and more.
Candace is nothing less than an expert at what she does. She knows exactly how to deal with the unique problems facing pet-based business, but her strategies and tips are helpful for business owners of any industry (especially those in retail!).
Join us to learn:
- How Candace turned her biggest obstacle into her biggest blessing and built a $600,000 business in her first year
- Candace’s best tip for any retail store with a brick-and-mortar location
- What she did WRONG when she first tried to scale (which led to $400k in debt)
- The important lesson she learned from hitting “rock bottom”
- How getting a coach helped her not just survive, but thrive, in a recession
- Why Candace started Pet Boss Nation as a way to support pet entrepreneurs
- The biggest mistake business owners make in the pet industry
- 3 things you NEED to do if you want to stand out in a saturated market
- And so much more!
If you’re looking for a success story, Candace is it – and she’s more than willing to share exactly what she’s done to get there.