Managing – to bring about or succeed in accomplishing something, sometimes despite difficulty or hardship. It would seem that in a virtual world, doing virtual business, that virtually managing a team would be relatively simple. In my last post, the benefits of managing a virtual team were clear and abundant. None the less, as business owners, we have been around the block, and we have seen a thing or two. Whether you admit or not, it isn’t easy. But, I am here to tell you that the challenges present opportunities for new technology, new strategies, and new ways to manage team projects.
Where do you turn? It can be overwhelming with unlimited access to countless applications. What I can say is that the tool has to be right for you. The app has to be a right-fit for how you want to lead your virtual team. So, let’s dive right in! I’ll be your guide in how to manage team projects like a Millionaire CEO.
There’s an App for That!
These days, the possibilities are endless. There is quite possibly an app for everything. Any team project can be managed with ease, and virtually, from your device. As a serial entrepreneur, I have 10 successful business under my belt. Along the way, I have led many teams, managed many team projects, and tested the spectrum of available tools to handle the job. The key is to turn your zest for success into increased revenue and your virtual team into a dream team.
“Before you can BE a Millionaire CEO, you have to ACT like one… It starts with thinking BIGGER and using the TOOLS available. It’s all there in front of you, IF you just choose to apply the tools” Allison Maslan
I have had the opportunity to work with thousands of entrepreneurs like you. Based on my three plus decades of experience and a proven track record, I have filled my tool box with only the best. A dream team necessities the right tools to guarantee success and maximize potential. We are seeking out the perfect combination of organization and transparency. In today’s world, entrepreneurs need that edge – it’s time to take advantage of project management applications that maximize collaboration, communication, and delegation to stay on track! Then, you can effectively manage a virtual team and their team projects within a dynamic, virtual space.
“Applications build SYSTEMS and systems build a dynamic VIRTUAL TEAM. Build your TOOL BOX and fill it – that’s how to manage team projects like a MILLIONAIRE CEO.”
And, I have something amazing to share with you! You do not need to recreate the wheel. The tools are already out there and the apps are already developed. It’s time to take your next step to reach that next break through – which tool do you need to add to your tool box? Let’s uncover the best applications out there and let you decide.
Your Tool Box
Acting the part of a Millionaire CEO requires a tool box fit to manage team projects like a pro. So, what should you consider when choosing the right tools to fill it with? Applications are only as valuable as your success in using them. We are not just looking for a ready substitute to email communication, but a virtual space to lead your virtual team and manage team projects. We are going for functional and progressive technology that is effective. With that in mind… What do I look for in an app?
- Compatibility – Offers an app that is compatible with an iPhone, iPad, or Android.
- Versatility – Fosters transparency, as you create projects, assign tasks to team members, and upload attachments, putting everyone on the same page.
- Connectivity – Connects with third-party Gantt chart apps for a better visual representation of project timelines. We want the visually tracking start and end dates as well as current progress and future projections.
If the end-goal is to successfully manage team projects, then making sure that the management tool is user-friendly is essential. The right-fit app for managing a virtual team will at least meet these three requirements. Don’t settle! Set the bar high. Implementing the right app is the key to creating systems, and systems mean exponentially increasing your revenue and funneling your passive streams of income.
3 Tools for a Millionaire CEO
Let’s talk about 3 tools that fit the bill and applications that meet our criteria. In this way, we can narrow the search. Remember, amongst these three, your preference will come down to a matter of taste and budget. Let’s explore the best options out there!
- Be infinitely flexible and manage team projects with ease – Trello. This is my personal favorite and what I currently use when managing my own virtual team. Not only is the app incredibly flexible to fit your wants and needs, but it is also exceptionally user-friendly. Trello is simple on the surface, but the building block of the app – its cards – have all the functionality that you need to add checklists, labels, due dates, and more!
How does it work? Trello is based on Kanban boards.
- Work off of a virtual whiteboard with post-it notes to manage team projects. It’s a list of lists filled with cards, used by a team or by yourself.
- Organize to-do lists, ideas, tasks, and larger assignments. Trello, as an app, can adapt to your projects, team, and workflow in real-time.
- The app allows for several boards for each of your various projects. There is even a “drag and drop” functionality that allows you to order or reorder lists to show progress.
- Added Bonus: It is free of cost!
- Set out on an expedition to manage team projects from your very own Basecamp. Basecamp is an aptly named app and has become quite the buzzword. Providing a central location, it puts everything you need to manage your virtual team and their team projects at your fingertips. It has become one of the most well-known project management apps on the market. But, just like Everest, K2, or Mount Kilimanjaro, make sure that you are drawn to the name as well as the exercise to use it.
How does it work? Basecamp brings the team together.
- The app focuses on creating a camp, a virtual space, to manage team projects as a whole, no matter what their role, and help them finish a project together.
- According to Basecamp, 6,389 companies signed up to use their app last week alone.
- The app covers the expected features, such as to-do lists, notes, events, files, and much more, while maintaining a user-friendly interface.
- Added Bonus: Try it out for a free 60-day trial period!
(Keep in mind…plans start at $20 per month and go up to $3,000 per year for unlimited projects and 500 GB of storage)
- Position yourself to manage team projects with Asana. I am sure that you have at least heard of the Sanskrit word, Asana, probably in relation to yoga. The given name is defined as an adapted posture. But, don’t worry, you do not have to be a practicing yogi to benefit from this application.
How does it work? Asana allows you to create lists.
- Create tasks and subtasks, facilitate brainstorming, and draft meeting agendas. Manage team projects by moving work forward and tracking progress to get the best results.
- How you view your lists is a custom feature. View by due date or project, start conversations within tasks/subtasks, and make tasks visible to a specified audience.
- Asana is not difficult to use, but make sure to take advantage of their long list of keyboard shortcuts and how-to videos to accelerate your learning curve.
- Added Bonus: Asana integrates with Dropbox, Evernote, WordPress, Harvest, HipChat, Google Drive and more!
(Just don’t forget…it’s only free for teams of 15 members and under)
The Bottom Line
If you walk the walk with me, you will start to think and act like a Millionaire CEO. Isn’t time that you led a virtual dream team like a pro and managed team projects with ease? Do not get left behind! The potential is there if you only apply it. The landscape of entrepreneurship and strategic business plan is changing.
Did you know?
- Nearly half of small-business owners considering project management applications (46%) were using manual methods to track and organize team projects.
- Web-based applications are on the rise!
- There is a correlation between applying the top-requested tools for managing team projects and project profitability or revenue. It just makes sense.
In order to be a dynamic entrepreneur, you need a dynamic tools to create dynamic systems, systems that work for both you and your team! You shouldn’t go it alone. That’s why you have recruited the best to fill your bench with a dream team. You also shouldn’t leave your virtual team without a virtual office space. That’s why I am here to guide you in filling your tool box with the best applications out there. It’s time to go beyond emails and manual systems. It’s time to take guarantee your success with communication, collaboration, and leadership that takes it to that next level. I look forward to your next break through…It’s just around the corner!
Voice for Business Success
Allison Maslan, CEO of Pinnacle Global Network, The World Leader in Scaling Businesses. She is the Wall Street Journal Best Selling Author of, Scale or Fail, which is endorsed by Daymond John and Barbara Corcoran of Shark Tank. Allison’s built 10 successful companies starting out at age 19. Her client list has included Ben & Jerry’s, Supercuts, Charlotte Russe, and Allstate.
Now she and her team of CEO Mentors pay it forward by helping business owners scale their companies, fast-track their success and create a more meaningful life. The Pinnacle Global Network, her private mentoring and mastermind enterprise has guided thousands of business owners over the past 10 years. Allison’s been featured in Inc., Success, Fortune, Fast Company and Forbes Magazines, is a regular contributor to Entrepreneur Magazine and a featured expert on ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN and Fox across the US. Allison has also hosted her own podcast, The Scale or Fail Show, since 2011.