I am not a technical person whatsoever. But being the entrepreneurial go-getter that I am, I am always looking for ways to make life easier and more streamlined. No matter what your weapon of choice is from the iPhone to iPad, BlackBerry, Android or Palm device, apps are meant to make every entrepreneur’s life that much easier. But with so many thousands to choose from, it can take hours just weeding through the techy traffic.
Following are 7 of the top business apps for entrepreneur to help you get started.
1. Square: https://squareup.com/ With Square, you can process credit card payments from anywhere using your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch with Square’s free card-reader accessory. An intuitive interface and single universal fee (2.75% on each transaction), with no monthly charges or contracts, makes it easy to use for both individual contractors, freelancers and small businesses. I use Square when I have events outside of my office where I am selling products. It's simple and so convenient!
2. Evernote: http://evernote.com/ This is one of my favorite apps. I use it daily for all of my notes, pics and audio files. It keeps me organized, and I can find anything with their great search features so no more stickies flying around. Once I hit sync, it connects my iPhone, iPad and Mac Laptop. I love that!
3. Jump Desktop: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/jump-desktop-remote-desktop/id364876095?mt=8 – Offers the option to control your desktop remotely, regardless of where business takes you. From your smart phone or on vacation, you can manipulate files or folders via touchscreen, and actively connect and browse on your home or work computer. Compatible with Mac or PC systems, it lets you be productive without having to lug your laptop. (Although I recommend unplugging on vacation altogether!)
4. JotNot: www.JotNot.com This one is very cool. Turn your phone into a scanner! No more big bulky equipment. Just snap and upload. Jot Not turns it into a PDF and you can email it or fax it. Then I store it in Evernote. Quality is amazing and my desk is finally clean!
5. Prosper.com: http://www.prosper.com/ This is a brilliant idea. Prosper.com connects entrepreneur's with lenders that are ready to invest. They cut out the middleman to connect people who need money with those who have money to invest. Why didn't I think of that one!
6. HootSuite: http://hootsuite.com/iphone is a free app that helps you spread messages, monitor conversations, and track results – all from your handset. HootSuite for iPhone allows you to send updates to Twitter, Facebook, and Foursquare from virtually anywhere. You can schedule tweets and posts ahead of time to give you more freedom. It even translates your posts into 50 languages, so if you want to market your product to Uganda or Bolivia, you are good to go.
7. Interactive Life Coach: http://interactivelifecoach.com
And last but not least, my all-time favorite, The Interactive Life Coach. (Okay, yes,I did invent this one.) It came out of the need to find a goal-setting program to help my business coaching clients to stay on track. I could not find anything that was not complicated or boring. So I designed my own and now www.InteractiveLifeCoach.com is being used by coaches, entrepreneurs and executives around the world to get motivated, inspired, and feeling accomplished all day long. This web-based software will help you design your winning plan for every aspect of your life, business/career, relationship, wealth, spiritual, health and personal fulfillment. Upload photos and text to personalize your Big Picture Vision Boards and stay motivated with our one-of-a-kind Life-O-Meter and Interactive Life Coach practices. Now you have access to your very own success coach… anytime… anywhere.
Are you ready to scale your business?
Start working smarter, not harder! Download our 17 Ways to Scale Your Company Fast. This includes a FREE Download and as well as a video training with Allison Maslan.
Voice for Business Success
Allison Maslan, CEO of Pinnacle Global Network, The World Leader in Scaling Businesses. She is the Wall Street Journal Best Selling Author of, Scale or Fail, which is endorsed by Daymond John and Barbara Corcoran of Shark Tank. Allison’s built 10 successful companies starting out at age 19. Her client list has included Ben & Jerry’s, Supercuts, Charlotte Russe, and Allstate.
Now she and her team of CEO Mentors pay it forward by helping business owners scale their companies, fast-track their success and create a more meaningful life. The Pinnacle Global Network, her private mentoring and mastermind enterprise has guided thousands of business owners over the past 10 years. Allison’s been featured in Inc., Success, Fortune, Fast Company and Forbes Magazines, is a regular contributor to Entrepreneur Magazine and a featured expert on ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN and Fox across the US. Allison has also hosted her own podcast, The Scale or Fail Show, since 2011.