As we all know, life is a journey. To feel alive, challenged and at peace, you need to be continuously growing and evolving. You will enjoy the ride so much more when you learn not to sweat the small stuff, and understand that each experience offers a lesson and each outcome leads us to a new soul enriching and growth-oriented experience.
The same philosophy applies to business. In building 10 companies over the years, you better believe I have learned my share of lessons. One of the giant teachings I have come to know is to have profound faith that somehow, some way, life’s situations always work out the way they are supposed to. Just keep taking the small steps and big leaps forward even though you cannot see the path ahead. Through my seemingly insurmountable challenges, my faith and resilience have grown so much stronger, and this has given me the confidence to take the bigger leaps and risks that have yielded me the grander rewards.
Here are 5 practices and affirmations that keep your business and your life expanding from the inside out:
1) Write down each long-term and short-term goal for your business and your life on a monthly basis. Set your mental intention for success by daily visualizing and feeling these goals as if they are already achieved.
Affirmation: I am so excited to have achieved my dreams and goals this month. It feels incredibly validating to set my intention, take action toward my goals and receive the financial and soulful rewards for keeping my commitment to myself.
2) Learn and grow from each challenge, and know that every experience is happening to make you stronger and lead to something brighter.
Affirmation: I visualize my life moving along a graceful, always changing path. I see roadblocks only as stepping-stones to something brighter. At every corner, there are options, and from my choices, I grow and expand.
3) Know that business is a creative practice. It gives you the opportunity to utilize your inborn talents, turn your ideas into wealth, and share your gifts with the world.
Affirmation: I am a creative being and my ideas are my key to abundance. My mind is open so that I can receive innovative brainstorms on a regular basis.
4) Choose happiness every day. It takes more effort and energy to hold onto unhappiness and cynicism than to be happy.
Affirmation: I choose to walk in gratitude. With gratitude, I have no other choice than to be happy. And the happier I am, the more abundant opportunities will come my way.
5) Make time for growth-reading every day to keep your head on straight with a positive perspective, and your eyes always focused on the bigger picture. Before you go to bed read for five minutes from a spiritual, philosophical or growth-oriented book to inspire and help you reconnect with your destiny.
Try these 5 soul enriching practices and affirmations for 30 days. You might be surprised at what a difference they make in growing your business.
If I create from the heart, nearly everything works; if from the head, almost nothing.
~ Marc Chagall
Voice for Business Success
Allison Maslan, CEO of Pinnacle Global Network, The World Leader in Scaling Businesses. She is the Wall Street Journal Best Selling Author of, Scale or Fail, which is endorsed by Daymond John and Barbara Corcoran of Shark Tank. Allison’s built 10 successful companies starting out at age 19. Her client list has included Ben & Jerry’s, Supercuts, Charlotte Russe, and Allstate.
Now she and her team of CEO Mentors pay it forward by helping business owners scale their companies, fast-track their success and create a more meaningful life. The Pinnacle Global Network, her private mentoring and mastermind enterprise has guided thousands of business owners over the past 10 years. Allison’s been featured in Inc., Success, Fortune, Fast Company and Forbes Magazines, is a regular contributor to Entrepreneur Magazine and a featured expert on ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN and Fox across the US. Allison has also hosted her own podcast, The Scale or Fail Show, since 2011.